The date for our very first ramp build has been set for May 15th, 2021 from 8:30am to 5:00pm (times determined by the number of volunteers and the weather). The location has not yet been determined, so watch Facebook for an update a few days before the build. Volunteers are encouraged to work all day, but can also sign up for half-day shifts or participate for whatever time they have available.
Please contact Ana Ortega if you have any questions.
Precautions to ensure everyone’s safety – please adhere to the following recommendations for in-person volunteer shifts:
- Do not attend a shift if you have tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to COVID-19, or are experiencing any of the following symptoms: temperature over 100 degrees, coughing, trouble breathing, vomiting, headache, neck pain, chills, sore throat or new loss of taste and/or smell.
- Wash your hands often, keep hand sanitizer on hand in case you are not able to reach a sink during your shift.
- Try to maintain a safe distance from all people you encounter. That means staying at least six feet apart.
- Avoid sharing a ride with a friend. If at all possible, travel to and from a shift alone.
- Wear a mask. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is currently urging the public to wear a cloth face covering when in public.
- Leave accessories like jewelry, ties, rings and watches at home.
- If you wear contacts, consider glasses. This will help keep your fingers out of your eyes and also provide additional protection.